Wondering how to tell one venue from another? Not sure if a venue is for you? Here’s the questions to ask and find out…
So, you’re engaged. Congratulations! Now begins the enormous task of finding a venue to host your wedding. Of course, you’re feeling the pressure to make this decision as well informed and best educated as you can be. But what exactly does that entail? And what questions would you ask to achieve that?
Well, put your worries aside, the expert wedding planners from our own Epping Club events team have compiled a list of ‘must ask’ questions. Here’s the top 25 to ensure you pick a wedding venue that’s perfect for you!
Wedding Venue Checklist: 25 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Venue Before Booking
1. Does the venue have capacity to accommodate your guest list?
2. Is your desired wedding date free?
3. Do you have public liability insurance?
4. Who will be there on the day of your wedding? Is there an in-house wedding coordinator? If there is a coordinator, will they be there for the duration of the reception? Is this the same person I deal with in my planning?
5. Is the venue available for exclusive use? Are there other weddings booked on my date and in other rooms? Could there be?
6. What packages do you offer?
7. Are there any current specials we should know about?
8. Are there any changes planned to the building before the wedding (renovations, painting etc.)?
9. Is a complimentary menu and wine tasting included?
10. What are the wine packages and what is included?
11. Is the champagne toast included or additional?
12. Do you cater for special dietary requirements? Coeliacs? Vegetarians?
13. What crockery/linen/cutlery is provided as part of the package?
14. Can I use my own suppliers? Do you have in-house suppliers?
15. What type of tables do you have? Round? Rectangle?
16. Is any décor provided (menus, centrepieces, flowers, cake stand)? What is included? What costs additional?
17. Is the stage, bridal table, AV, lighting and dance floor included?
18. How flexible is the room set up? Can I move things around?
19. What is the earliest we can access the space before the event?
20. Is the venue child friendly?
21. Is there a lift/facilities/access for the elderly and disabled?
22. Is there enough parking for my guests and is it complimentary? How many spaces can we have?
23. How do I secure this venue and make a booking?
24. Is there a payment schedule? What kind of deposits are required?
25. What’s the cancellation policy? What costs are incurred if the numbers on the day differ to the final numbers?
We hope this checklist is helpful in selecting your own wedding venue! We would love to discuss The Epping Club’s answers to these questions with you. Our expert wedding stylists have managed hundreds of beautiful receptions and are passionate about making your day perfect! If you’re looking for a wedding venue in the Hills District or North Western Sydney please visit the website or contact The Epping Club Events team today!