Planning a corporate event is a huge responsibility. You’re tasked with making a whole business look great and your personal reputation is staked on that success. At The Epping Club we’ve hosted and coordinated literally hundreds of corporate events from boardroom meetings to AGMs, conferences to gala dinners. With vast experience and an extensive list of blue chip clients we know exactly what it takes to achieve an impressive corporate event. Our expert even team have compiled this checklist to make your planning more simple…
Before 6 Months From Your Event
- Get a general idea of what type of event you want to host
- Establish the event budget
- Pick a date
- Inspect potential venues and meet with in-house coordinators
- Book your venue
- Consider what vendors you will need and book
- Determine color scheme, theme
- Start the guest list for special guests
- Decide how you will run registration / event sales / bookings if applicable
- Book your speaker(s)
Before 4-6 months
- Pick a planning committee or recruit stakeholders to assist you as required
- Set goals with management team based on the specific type of event
- Book a photographer or videographer as required
- Begin to plan the event format so you can create a program if one needs to be distributed as part of the event promotion or invitation
Before 3 months
- Finalise the menu and beverage packages
- Begin creating a script using your original event format document
- Order awards and speakers gifts as required
- Once collateral is approved begin printing invitations, programs, branded signage etc.
- Send your draft event schedule to the vendors with timings including bump in, bump out and the event run sheet
- Continue promoting your event as required.
Before 2 months
- Touch base again with all the vendors – begin to schedule deposits and confirmations. Finalise their involvement and all details.
- Send out the final payments, brief any sponsors.
- Begin to manage RSVP list.
Before 1 month
- Check registrations / RSVP and send-out a mass email to all members and guests if chasing replies.
- Assess whether further invitations need to be sent if numbers are down.
- Order audiovisual equipment – wireless microphone, projector etc. via the venue or external supplier. Arrange a date for briefing and prior to event testing.
- Send out final payments to any vendors per contracts.
- Request guest speaker notes including bio.
- Request entertainer notes and green room requirements.
The Epping Club based in North Western Sydney is ideally positioned near Epping train station and with ample on site parking. With a variety of bespoke event spaces including a stylish boardroom, large format conference room and scalable open plan Grand Ballroom the venue is ideal for both large and small corporate events. This location is ideal for a corporate event for businesses in the Macquarie Park area, Hills District and upper North Shore. For more information on hosting a corporate event with The Epping Club please visit the website or contact the Events Team.
For Part Two of the Corporate Event Planning Checklist please click here.